Thursday 1 October 2009

Merchants of Cool Question - Stories

I do believe that who ever controls societies stories can control society itself. American teens are bombarded with thousands of advertisements, messages, and stories daily. Each one of these messages contains a value and message that it tries to impart upon its viewers. While each individual piece of media might have next to no effect, when you add up the cumulative effects of thousands of ads, we begin to see a completely different picture.

I myself avoid a lot of modern television and movies, simply because they seem so shallow and, quiet frankly, stupid. Not since the end of Mystery Science Theater 3000 (1999) have I seen what I would call a truly original show. And because of this, I have a deep seated disdain for lots of modern media.


Media Immersion Level: In the not to distant future...




0 comments:

Post a Comment