Friday 2 October 2009

Youtube Consumption Log

The following vid is filled with blood, guts, gore, and the like. Watch at your own risk. Really. Its pretty disturbing at the start.

I am not an Avenged Sevenfold fan. I personally think there sellouts to big media. However, they have one music video I really really like.





Why do I like this video? Its just so.... hysterical. The entire thing is presented in both a shocking and, quiet frankly, disturbing manner, yet the thing still feels very comical. Overall, I give it a 10 out of 10

[Edit]: A few hours ago, I finally figured out what I really liked about this video. I know its directed and marketed to teens (you know, its EXTREME). But, despite this, the video itself is really original. While it does play off of many music video stereotypes, it does so in a comical manner, as if pointing them out to us, the viewer. The song is basically saying 'Generic Love Story Song. With Zombies.'

Media Immersion Level: Still laughing...

0 comments:

Post a Comment